Friday, May 21

He has a problem with miss independent, but when you give him the key to drive; out of nowhere he gets up then takes a seat in the passenger’s side. Don’t get me do you? Well let me paint you a simple little picture that will help you understand my last sentence. Basically, I am referring to the men who have a problem with a woman being independent, self-sufficient, rockin’ that Ne-Yo “She’s Got Her Own” swag on full blast. And yet, when it’s time for some of these men to handle their business, be a man and take care of their woman, they seem to end up hittin’ the thick brick wall of failure. Are you feelin’ my opening sentence now? However, as I laid up in my bed this morning and contemplated the situation that just occurred, as I sucked my teeth and knew I had to roll up my sleeves and handle my business if I really wanted to get what needed to get done DONE, and essentially if I really wanted this to work; I’d have to go that extra mile. No not for him, but for us. Stupid in love? Fxck no. I’ll leave all of that extra bull up to Rihanna to sing about… So why did I give in? Why did I even give him that extra load to carry knowing my chances of being deceived were kinda sorta fat?? I honestly don’t know. But it has come to my realization that apparently no one in a relationship is independent, but inter-dependent. Chyea! At 7:38 in the morning, during my feverish spasms, I was struck by a lightning bolt of ultimate love and wisdom, which suddenly shined a different light on my relationshit. Relationship, sorry. And from the looks of what just happened -like I said before- if I wanted to make this work, for the moment I’d have to play magician and makeup a happy ending. But the truth behind all of this, is personally, there is no such thing as a miss/mr independent in relationships. Hell, in order to have a relationship with someone, or something (whatever floats your boat..), you would need a significant other. So that concept of a man or woman being independent within a relationship is faulty at heart, because someone is always depending on the other to complete what they are missing. Two hearts, one soul? I do believe that there can be issues such as inequality of who is bringing in the $$$, who is being sheltered, or who should be pleased most or whatever. But the bottom line is, when you enter the battlefield of love; that significant other is, or at the very least should be, fighting by your side and not fighting against you . So it’s *cough* expected *cough* that some days your weight will be heavier than his. Call me a soldier of love (dope track), however I will not work my ass to the ground, or in more general terms, kill myself over no man. You best believe it... Yuh Zeet!?


Until I service you again,
my brainz are golden.